[Nut-upsdev] Doxygen API documentation

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 04:01:51 CET 2007

One thing that would be handy for driver developers (or for myself, at
the very least) would be having some API documentation for the core
NUT functions.

Here is an example of Doxygen's output:

http://www.ghz.cc/~clepple/libhid/doc/html/hid_8h.html

The two main categories of API documentation that I see are the
internal NUT functions needed for writing drivers, etc., and the
external libraries (libupscli and libupsconfig). Doxygen is really
meant to document only one program at a time, so I'm not sure how we
would handle the different binaries like upsc, upsd, upsrw, etc., but
that's for down the road.

Thoughts?

I am open to suggestions for other similar tools, but Doxygen is
readily available, and the syntax should be familiar to anyone who has
used Qt's documentation tool or JavaDoc.

In a lot of cases, there are already comments by functions, but they
will not be picked up by Doxygen unless the structure is tweaked a
bit.

--
- Charles Lepple