[Nut-upsdev] upscli_splitname() for upsc_list (was: Re: Default NUT

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 15 10:55:10 CET 2007

>> For some time, I have considered making a dual suggestion: to make the
>> hostname optional. For a large percentage of users, the hostname is
>> always equal to "localhost". I don't know how many times I mistakenly
>> typed "upsc apc" instead of "upsc apc at localhost". I would be very
>> happy if "localhost" were the default.
> Agreed, localhost makes sense as a default, since that's the most
> likely host for testing drivers.

As I wrote just a while ago in my reply to Peter, is it wise to define
these defaults in the API? I'm also not entirely happy with the parsing of
command line arguments in the upsclient API. I would prefer to see parsing
command line arguments in a separate module, much like parseconf.c we have
now for parsing the configuration files. Probably some other things might
be shared between clients that way too.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands