[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.0.5 released

George Ross gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 17 11:18:21 CET 2007

> Network UPS Tools version 2.0.5 has been released.

There is some breakage in the status page's reporting of SNMP cards, which
seems to me to be snmp-ups's fault.  Input, output and load all show as
"0.0 Not supported Not supported" for the single-phase Smart-UPS 3000 RM
that I'm testing this out on.

This seems to be because the driver is reporting 0.0 for the L1-L2 values,
even though it's a single-phase UPS, so the status page tries to use them.
That's where the "0.0" in the report comes from.  However, the driver
doesn't provide any L2-L3 or L3-L1 values, and that's where the two "Not
supported" come from.

I would argue that the driver should only report three-phase values for a
three-phase UPS, with only the single-phase variables being available for
single-phase UPSes.

(Previous versions of the status page (e.g. 2.0.4-pre1) display correctly,
because they don't know to try the three-phase variables.)

I'll try to find time to produce a patch, though it may be a few days.
--
Dr George D M Ross, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
    Kings Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3JZ