[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.0.5 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 09:42:37 CET 2007

Hi Niels,

2007/1/17, Niels Baggesen <nba at users.sourceforge.net>:
> I have a major update to snmp-ups in the works (actually I had forgotten
> that I had not committed it to the trunk) that I will commit shortly,
> which updates the IETF and PW mib variants (which are the one that I can
> test) and it allows all data-elements to be made conditional on the
> number of input or output phases.

Niklas Edmundsson has entered the team to also work on snmp-ups.

As I told him, a good improvement would be the sub driver approach as
done in newhidups. Having such architecture would allow to easilly
autodetect which sub driver (== mib) should be used, and to manage
more easily mfr's specifics.
And this would in turn greatly improve the user experience.

I still have a bunch of work on this side, but still no time.

If you're interested in, ping me back.
thanks,
Arnaud