[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.0.5 released

Niels Baggesen nba at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 18 10:48:49 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 09:42:37AM +0100, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Niklas Edmundsson has entered the team to also work on snmp-ups.

Fine

> As I told him, a good improvement would be the sub driver approach as
> done in newhidups. Having such architecture would allow to easilly
> autodetect which sub driver (== mib) should be used, and to manage
> more easily mfr's specifics.
> And this would in turn greatly improve the user experience.

As the driver already supports several mibs, that should not be too
difficult. An just deciding on a specific OID to detect which mib it
implements should be easily done.

The difficult part is, as always, to find owners of the relevant
equipment.

/Niels

Niels Baggesen - @home - Århus - Denmark - nba at users.sourceforge.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers   ---   R W Hamming