[Nut-upsdev] Silencing libtool

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Jan 18 11:22:15 CET 2007

> the current setup when doing a make (even a make -s) is very noisy, and
> makes it very easy to miss warnings from gcc.
>
> I would like to add a --slient option to libtool.
>
> How do the rest of you feel about that?

That typo would be hard to remember... :-)

I don't really mind the noise, I usually redirect stderr to an 'err.log'
and look there for signs of trouble. The number of warnings shown after
compiling with -pedantic and some other additional checks is usually so
large, that they don't fit in the scrollback buffer anyway.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands