[Nut-upsdev] Fenton UPS driver -- unknown UPS report

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Jan 20 16:34:14 CET 2007

On 1/20/07, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> OK.  I used the 'fentonups' driver based on the listing for the SMK-800
> unit in the "Compatibility" section of the NUT website.  Should I seek
> out a webmaster address to ask them to update this, or is mentioning it
> here sufficient?

Mentioning it here is enough.

> The device has 2 x 12v batteries in series to provide 24 volt internal
> operation.  NUT still sees the voltage as off by a factor of ten,
> apparently.

In this case it looks like a factor of ten, but on 36 and 96V UPSes it
isn't. So those 2.4V aren't really 24V.

> I figure that the protocol traces and responses are probably useful, so
> I have one appended to this message.  The trace is:
>
>  * start the driver against the UPS while connected to mains
>  * disconnect the mains, dropping reported internal voltage to 22V
>  * reconnect the mains, raising internal voltage to 24V again
>
> If I can do anything further to help please let me know.

Could you try it with the attached patch applied? It should give
better results, however, I would still need to know the voltage
reported by the UPS when it switches to low battery (I'm assuming the
UPS is at 100% in those tests, right?).

--
Carlos Rodrigues