[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r731

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jan 23 14:04:37 CET 2007

>> > root's socket ownership can have more consequences. don't do that.
>> Root doesn't own the socket, since we drop privileges before
>> backgrounding, just a short while later.
> root DOES own the socket, because it gets opened by root. that is
> recorded and does not change by the daemon dropping privileges.

Oops! Point taken, this *has* to go (I didn't realize that).

Fortunately, the trouble with STATEPATH requires rewriting the load_conf()
function anyway, so this takes no additional effort. People wanting to use
privileged ports (for whatever reason there may be) will have to run the
server as root then and accept the consequences.

Best regards, Arjen