[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Wed Jan 31 06:13:11 CET 2007

Peter,
    Some more info from the get_descriptor.c program. When run using
'usb_get_string_simple' varying the arg_ind from 0 to14  I get.

code    response                                        meaning (what happens)
0       ?
1       UIS Ablerex                                     Manufacturers name
2       Ablerex USB Interface 049e                      Product
3        (246.5 140.0 246.5 024 50.0 27.0 25.0
00001000.        Volt_in ?? Vol_out %cap Hz      ?? ?? ??
4       USB No Ack                                      Test for 10 secs
5       USB No Ack                                      Test
disconnect from mains
6       USB No Ack                                      Disconnect mains
7       USB No Ack                                      Toggle beep on/off ?
8       USB No Ack                                      Toggle beep on ?
9       USB No Ack                                      Toggle beep on ?
10      USB No Ack                                      ?
11      USB No Ack                                      Reconnect mains
12         JP 01053T                                    ?
13      #240.0 0.0 024.0 50.0.                          Volt_in
14              breaks the pipe

So it would seem that it is responding to 'some' commands what ever they are.

Regards
    Jon

At 14:29 31/01/2007, Peter Selinger wrote:
>Hi Jon,
>
>this doesn't look as good as I had hoped. Although you don't get any
>more error messages, notice that the "Value:" for every single
>variable shows 0.000000.
>
>The lines starting with "Report[r]" show the actual raw data read from
>the UPS, and indeed, it is all zeros (except some bytes towards the
>end that are unfortunately not used). For each feature, the
>"ReportID", "Offset" and "Size" (in bits) tell you which parts of the
>raw data that variables corresponds to.
>
>This looks buggy to me. Did anything else happen after "Waiting for
>notifications..."? Like, for example, did the device receive any data
>notifications? This could happen infrequently, like once per
>minute. But there is a chance that the device would send correct data
>voluntarily (on the interrupt pipeline), whereas it is apparently
>sending incorrect data when asked for it.
>
>-- Peter

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-0, 30/01/2007
Tested on: 31/01/2007 4:13:15 PM