[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:07:50 CET 2007

On 1/31/07, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Whatever is a "Set Idle" HID request? I don't remember having heard of
> it, but then again, the HID specification has not been my bedtime
> reading lately :) -- Peter

Well, it's there :-)

Somebody needed it for libhid, so we implemented it:

http://www.ghz.cc/~clepple/libhid/doc/html/hid__exchange_8c-source.html#l00428

I am still confused about this device, though - it really does seem
that the data is just coming out of those string descriptors, but then
again, they went to a lot of effort to build up that elaborate HID
report descriptor.

In related news, the Wireshark USB dissector is coming along well, so
at some point we should be able to capture all the USB traffic on
Windows, and browse through it just like a network packet capture.

--
- Charles Lepple