[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r915 - in trunk: . drivers

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu May 24 05:09:21 UTC 2007

Den Thursday 24 May 2007 02.39.16 skrev Arjen de Korte:
> Charles Lepple wrote:
> > On 5/23/07, Kjell Claesson <keyson-guest at alioth.debian.org> wrote:
> >> Author: keyson-guest
> >> Date: Wed May 23 21:12:51 2007
> >> New Revision: 915
> >>
> >> Log:
> >>  - Enabled requested Alarm function in bcmxcp.c
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>    trunk/ChangeLog
> >>    trunk/drivers/bcmxcp.c
> >
> > Looks like this breaks when HAL is enabled.

Yes I know, that's why I on the 15't May sent the mail 'Build error' to the
list.
8<------------------------snip----------------------------------
> > bcmxcp.c:(.text+0x2f78): undefined reference to `alarm_commit'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[3]: *** [hald-addon-bcmxcp_usb] Error 1

But got no response to this make error.
As a new release is on it's way, I did it the hard way. If no one read my mail
(May depend on that it was UTF-8 and content base64 ;-( )
they may at least check the build bot.

I hade some requests to enable this, and need it to be tested before release
on some more upses. Work on 5115 and 3105.

> I already took care of that in r916 by adding empty functions. This will
> probably render the HAL version of this driver useless, but at least it
> won't break compilation of the others. Since I have no idea how this HAL
> stuff works, I'm not sure whether we can just copy these functions from
> drivers/dstate.c or not. Volunteers?

Thank you Arjen.

To quote myself:
What I can see, the alarm_init e.t.c functions is defined in
dstate-hal.h but seems not to be used.

Don't think I want to mess with that code, so any suggestions?