[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1417 - in trunk: . drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Apr 6 16:34:54 UTC 2008

> - drivers/dstate-hal.[ch]: added sleep here, to limit the polling rate
> (previously, the driver would completely ignore the poll interval and
> would run upsdrv_updateinfo() without any delay in between)
>
> The changes to dstate-hal.[ch] should probably be backported to Testing
> ASAP, since ignoring the poll_interval is not a good idea (you'll be
> basically polling the UPS in a continuous loop, without any delays)

The above is not true, I should have looked in main-hal.c before making
all this noise. The function isn't used, so it is pretty irrelevant what
is done inside it. Having said that, it probably is a better idea strip
excess stuff from main-hal.c instead of creating empty placeholders that
will never be called anyway. I will handle this as soon as my sweep
through the code gets to that point (currently still busy cleaning up
clients).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands