[Nut-upsdev] Reasons for nut-2.2.2-pre3 package

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 22 09:57:55 UTC 2008

Arnaud,

We've stumbled on a regression in nut-2.2.1 (also in nut-2.2.2-pre2) with
regards to Tripplite USB devices. It turns out these devices will always
indicate they have data available on the interrupt pipeline, no matter
what. So we must limit the number of input reports we process to a single
one in upsdrv_updateinfo() and leave any remaining ones to the next call
in order to prevent lockups. This is a major one and I think this alone
warrants a -pre3. I'll fix this later today in the trunk and Testing.

Second (minor) problem I found is in the development stuff. In
'lib/Makefile.am' we have this:

  if WITH_DEV
  if WITH_PKG_CONFIG
    pkgconfig_DATA = libupsclient.pc
  else
    bin_SCRIPTS = libupsclient-config
  endif
  endif

but in 'man/Makefile.am' we have the following:

  if WITH_PKG_CONFIG
    LIB_PAGES += libupsclient-config.1
  endif

So effectively, we'll only include the manual page if we don't include the
'libupsclient-config' script (and vice-versa). This is probably not what
we intended to do (and it probably should also depend on the WITH_DEV
flag).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands