[Nut-upsdev] RPM .spec files in NUT source tree

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 15 20:48:32 UTC 2008

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:

>> I'm not too much in favor of directing people to SRPM/websites in the
>> sources. This is something that is much too volatile so I think we'd
>> better keep this on the website (and make sure we update them
>> regularly). What we distribute should be static and preferably depend
>> as little on stuff not directly under the control of the developers.
> you mean a bare minimum generic-rpm?

Not even that. The same would be true as for all other .spec files we
currently have. With the help of many autodetection scripts we might
be able to come up with a somewhat useable .spec file for existing
distributions, but this will not be able to handle all future changes
that there may be.

What I would like to see is some links on the website where the latest
packages for various distributions can be found. All too often we find
ourselves pointing out users with very old installations where to find
newer versions. Apparently, the nut-users list is more accessible for
them than asking the people who packaged NUT for them. Maybe we should
ask them more often "have you asked your vendor/distribution
maintainer for an update"? ;-)

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list