[Nut-upsdev] upsd segfault.

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sun Dec 21 18:55:33 UTC 2008

Den Sunday 21 December 2008 18.08.07 skrev Charles Lepple:
Hi Charles,
Sorry for the delay but I have to check things out and make some builds.
> Is this a released version of NUT, or from SVN? (If SVN, which revision?)

This is from svn revision 1665. I have made an svn ebuild so i build directly
from svn. Running 64bit gentoo system.

But i checked, I have the segfault on the nut-2.2.2 stable build also.

> > From /var/log/messages
> > Dec 21 17:32:50 sm6fhx upsd[21366]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000408b6d sp
>
> If your upsd still has debugging symbols, you can try running
> 'addr2line -e /path/to/upsd 408b6d'

This is strange. I have no debugging info but i built it with -g , but it
would
not give me anything but ??:0 as output. So i built it with -gstabs, and
guess what.... it does not segfault.

My normal flag is
CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -pipe"
And option -j3 for parallel build.