[Nut-upsdev] New Mustek UPS model working

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 29 10:42:54 UTC 2008

Citeren Fr3ddie <fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it>:

> Sorry for that, I have seen that option right after I sent the mail.
> So the question now is: can I set only the upper limit for the battery
> voltage, something as "battvolts=:13.60"?

No. See also the comments about BATTERY CHARGE in 'man 8 blazer' (the
successor of the megatec and megatec_usb drivers) that is in the trunk.

> And, if not, how can I determine the low limit? Pluggin' away the power
> cord and see which is the current voltage when the UPS starts beeping
> "fast" (OB+LB state)?

Don't bother, use 85% of the nominal battery voltage and you'll
probably be fine. So for a 12V (nominal) battery system, this would be
10.2V. The charge calculation is only there, because people expect the
driver to report it. You shouldn't make decisions based on this
(unreliable) value. See above.

[...]

> If you need something to beta test please consider my complete
> disposability for Mustek devices. Thanks again :)

You might try the 'blazer_ser' and 'blazer_usb' drivers from the
trunk. These are based on a common protocol core and separate
communication modules for RS-232 and USB respectively. This is much
cleaner than wrapping a USB layer around an existing RS-232 driver.
Make sure you read the man page before upgrading, since there are some
incompatible changes. For instance, it will by default *not* report
battery.charge, unless you tell it the levels for battery.voltage.low
and battery.voltage.high. This in order to avoid the confusion with
battery.charge never reaching 100% if the levels are set automatically
(which was a bad idea from the start).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list