[Nut-upsdev] 2.2.2 -pre backports open

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 1 10:15:35 UTC 2008

> the -pre branch for 2.2.2 is opened.
> If you have something to backport for trunk or fix in Testing, it's
> time to do so.
>
> If you are unsure, don't hesitate to ask me or on this list.

You asked for it. :-)

1) Should I backport the removal of the ACL mechanism? Note that may
require changes in existing configurations, since we now (at least in the
trunk) only listen to the localhost. Listening to additional interfaces
(or the global IPv4 listing address, like previously) now requires adding
LISTEN directives in 'upsd.conf'. I'm not sure if this is a good idea for
2.2.2 or that it better wait until 2.4.0 is released.

2) The changes to the usbhid-ups driver, where receiving an INPUT report
triggers reading the corresponding FEATURE report. This fixes the problem
of many devices where the contents of INPUT reports are broken, but the
corresponding FEATURE report is fine. As far as I'm concerned I have
countered all your objections for doing so (if not, please let me know).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands