[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Unitek UPS 1250xD - megatec_usb driver

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Sat Feb 16 18:49:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:50:13 +0300, Matt Brown <matt at mbrown.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a newcomer to Nut, so firstly hello :-)

Hello :)

> I am keen to implement Nut and have been digging around most of the
> day to see how to get my two Unitek 1250xD UPS devices working.
>
> I have now managed to get nut installed (from source 2.2.0) and have
> (I think) success. I found a post here:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-December/003573.html
>
> which was discussing the issue with the megatec_usb driver detecting
> the ups.status as OFF instead of OL or OB.
>
> With the patch now applied I get the following:
>
> battery.charge: 67.2
> battery.voltage: 25.20
> battery.voltage.nominal: 23.5
> driver.flag.ignoreoff: enabled
> driver.name: megatec_usb
> driver.parameter.bus: 003
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.parameter.productid: 0000
> driver.parameter.vendorid: 0001
> driver.version: 2.2.1-
> driver.version.internal: 1.5.9
> input.frequency: 50.0
> input.voltage: 229.0
> input.voltage.fault: 165.0
> input.voltage.maximum: 234.0
> input.voltage.minimum: 226.0
> output.voltage: 229.0
> output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
> ups.beeper.status: disabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 0
> ups.delay.start: 2
> ups.load: 0.0
> ups.mfr: UNITEK
> ups.model: ALPHA1250 VER2.0C
> ups.serial: unknown
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 0.0
>
> Which is great, I am assuming this is the desired output.

Everything seems ok to me...

> My question is, will this patch become a main part of nut ? what does
> the ignoreoff option do to the driver in terms of usage ? i.e will nut
> still work as anticipated ?

This patch is already in the trunk and testing branch. So it will most
likely get into stable release soon.
This option informs the driver to ignore one bit from the UPS status info,
which is reported incorrectly by several models. I have one. It reports
OL and OB ok with ignoreoff.

--
   Alexander