[Nut-upsdev] Important regression in usbhid-ups (r1113)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 20 20:06:58 UTC 2008

Peter Selinger wrote:

> I noticed a similar problem: on APC, the new shutdown method actually
> includes a delay of many seconds. Presumably the intende behavior was:
> shutdown immediately, and return to power after n seconds.

No. The intended behavior is to use the 'ondelay' and 'offdelay' values
that are advertized. If you don't like the default values of 30 and 20
seconds respectively (I have no idea why they are this large), override
them in 'ups.conf'. See 'man 8 usbhid-ups'.

> The actual effect was the opposite: sit there for n seconds, then shut
> down and return immediately.

See above for an explanation.

> The previous, model-specific shutdown routines had the advantage that
> they actually did the correct thing for each model.

Same here. Override the default values in 'ups.conf'.

Best regards, Arjen