[Nut-upsdev] usbhid-ups using wrong value for battery voltage for Pulsar Evolution 500?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 27 15:19:06 UTC 2008

> there are definitely wrong (at least fallback) declarations in mge-hid.c
> as an example, we should try to map the below 2nd one as a fallback
> since it's really the nominal *output* voltage, not the battery one:
> 	{ "battery.voltage.nominal", 0, 0, "UPS.BatterySystem.ConfigVoltage",
> NULL, "%.0f", HU_FLAG_STATIC, NULL },
> 	{ "battery.voltage.nominal", 0, 0, "UPS.PowerSummary.ConfigVoltage",
> NULL, "%s", HU_FLAG_STATIC, mge_battery_voltage_nominal },
>
> gotta fix this.

That's a pretty bold statement you make here. On at least two different
MGE units (Evolution 650 (broken) and Pulsar M 2200 (good)) it actually
*is* reporting 'battery.voltage.nominal' and not 'output.voltage.nominal'
(below a summary for the Pulsar M 2200 I found in the archives):

Can't find object UPS.BatterySystem.ConfigVoltage