[Nut-upsdev] usbhid-ups using wrong value for battery voltage for Pulsar Evolution 500?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 29 10:23:38 UTC 2008

[...]

> This leaves the two possibilities for "UPS.PowerSummary.ConfigVoltage" and
> "UPS.PowerSummary.Voltage":
>
> 1) They have indeed nothing to do with the battery on your UPS, which
> means that yours probably has no means of indicating the battery voltage.
> In this case, we should override these values (in a similar way as we
> already do for the Evolution 650) or mask them out completely.

I propose to ignore these values for the 'Pulsar Evolution'.

Other (non-MGE) HID drivers regard these HID paths as indications for
'battery.voltage(.nominal)' and even some MGE devices do. Yesterday I
found that the MGE Galaxy UPS reports the battery voltage in
"UPS.PowerSummary.Voltage" in its XML report (and
"UPS.PowerSummary.Current" too).

Therefor, it is probably a bug in the UPS firmware that we should deal
with on a model specific basis. Since your UPS already reports the correct
'output.voltage(.nominal)' values, I think there is no point to add these
HID paths as fallback for these NUT variables.

Best regards, Arjen