[Nut-upsdev] Some question about megatec vs. powercom

Ekkehard Gehm gehm at physik.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 23 15:49:12 UTC 2008

Hi folks!

We have a Powercom Vanguard 6000 running here. It seems to be supported by the megatec driver within nut. So I get everything out of it exept the battery status. When I run Nut, it says:

Megatec protocol UPS detected [UPS Model 6K Ver Y1.3].
This UPS has an unsupported combination of battery voltage/number of batteries. The "battery.charge" value will be bogus.

So I would like to try adding this feature. But actually I don't have any idea where to start :-)

I guess that the script is fetching out values fron serial and interpreting those in some way. The question is: How do I get the original values which came from the UPS into nut?

I think there must be a way adding this feature (maybe in a new subdriver or so). But as I said: I do not know where to start :-(

THX for every hints on this issue!

Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm

Ekkehard Gehm           *       mailto:gehm at physik.tu-berlin.de
TU Berlin Fakultät II   *       http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de
PC-Pool Tutor           *       PGP-Key: http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~gehm/pubkey.asc

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Microsoft:      "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:          "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD:        "Are you guys coming or what?"