[Nut-upsdev] removing cpsups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:51:48 UTC 2008

2008/7/4 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
>> I've just noticed that cpsups isn't listed anymore in driver.list.
>
> Indeed.
>
>> Any reason not have removed it from the source too?
>
> No. Amnesia?

overbusy'ness I guess ;-)
do you want me to remove it?

>> Still on the way to 2.4; any update on your confidence level to remove
>> nitram and cyberpower too?
>
> The 'powerpanel' driver is supposed to replace both, but since I don't own
> any UPS that uses them, I have no way to cross check this. Since we don't
> get any stories from people that successfully upgraded their installation
> from 'nitram' or 'cyberpower', that doesn't really help either. I fear
> that the only way to get these reports, is by breaking existing systems
> (by removing the older drivers).

I'll try to contact the original developers of these drivers.
on your side, can you call for testing on ups-users?
we'll delay the removal of this as much as possible, and we'll check
before 2.4 is released, according to the users feedback and confidence
in powerpanel.

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com