[Nut-upsdev] mdadm --readonly which device in halt?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 11 22:19:06 UTC 2008

Setting up nut on a system where an LVM volume holds the root
filesystem..  What is the appropriate device form to use with "mdadm
--readonly" in halt? This is on a CentOS 5 system. So far I have found
three possibilities, but I do not know which one (if any) will still be
valid that late in the halt procedure:

1.  /dev/md0                        (from posts on the net)
2.  /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 (from /etc/mtab)
3.  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00        (from /etc/fstab)

Also, this system has SWAP on an LVM as well.  Will that still be
mounted right before "halt" tries to remount?   If so I suppose it
should be marked the same way, but at least for the /dev/md0 form that
isn't an option since there is ONLY /dev/md0, and no /dev/md1.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu