[Nut-upsdev] Shutdown by battery.remaining or battery.runtime?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Thu Jul 17 19:49:08 UTC 2008

On a test shutdown of an APC Back-UPS RS1500 upsc was run periodically
to follow the UPS discharge, it showed these values:

battery.low  120
battery.charge.low 10

As it turned out, the battery.charge.low was encountered first and the
system shut down there.  However, considering the rate at which the
charge was falling at the end I would much rather have had it shutdown
sooner than it did.  Is there a place in the upsmon.conf (or elsewhere)
file where one may enter something like:

  OVERRIDE_BATTERY_CHARGE_LOW 20
  OVERRIDE_BATTERY.LOW       240

???

Note, I'm not trying to schedule the shutdown at a particular time, just
change the limits for when the UPS is considered to be "out of juice".

Thank you,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu