[Nut-upsdev] upsdrvctl shutdown, didn't, APC Back-UPS RS 1500

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 18 09:03:02 UTC 2008

> I did a test shutdown on a nut controlled UPS and it all went as
> expected except that when it got to:
>
>   /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl shutdown
>
> Nothing happened.  So the halt script went on and shut down the system.
>  I waited a while but the UPS never turned itself off.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or does this UPS not support this function?

Let us know driver are you using (name and version), preferably by posting
the output of 'upsc -l <upsname>'.

If you happen to be using 'usbhid-ups' (minimum version required 2.2.2),
you may need to add the '-u root' option to the command if hotplug/udev is
no longer available at that time in the shutdown sequence.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands