[Nut-upsdev] Shutdown by battery.remaining or battery.runtime?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 18 09:10:07 UTC 2008

> On a test shutdown of an APC Back-UPS RS1500 upsc was run periodically
> to follow the UPS discharge, it showed these values:
>
> battery.low  120
> battery.charge.low 10
>
> As it turned out, the battery.charge.low was encountered first and the
> system shut down there.  However, considering the rate at which the
> charge was falling at the end I would much rather have had it shutdown
> sooner than it did.  Is there a place in the upsmon.conf (or elsewhere)
> file where one may enter something like:
>
>   OVERRIDE_BATTERY_CHARGE_LOW 20
>   OVERRIDE_BATTERY.LOW       240
>
> ???
>
> Note, I'm not trying to schedule the shutdown at a particular time, just
> change the limits for when the UPS is considered to be "out of juice".

See 'man 8 upsrw'. If your UPS supports changing this value, it should be
listed if you run 'upsrw <upsname>'. Most of the time, if it is possible
to change this value, it will be stored in non-volatile memory in the UPS
itself, so you only need to do this once.

If you have any more questions regarding this, please use the nut-upsuser
mailinglist instead.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands