[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 550SL reports LB and OB when on line power

orangevixen postmaster at ccinet.com
Fri Jul 25 04:11:38 UTC 2008

I am using nut 2.2.2 and I have a CyberPower CP550SL.

According to the drivers list, I should be using genericups with
upstype set to 7, but when I try that and when I run upsc I get:

driver.name: genericups
driver.parameter.LB: 04
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ups
driver.parameter.upstype: 7
driver.version: 2.2.2
driver.version.internal: 1.34
ups.mfr: CyberPower
ups.model: Power99
ups.status: LB OB

Even through I'm on line (A/C) power and my battery is charged.

I have also tried the cyberpower, cpsups, and powerpanel drivers, they
don't work (and yes I am sure I have it connected to the right serial
port and I am using the UPS's serial cable).

Looking at the raw bits in dumb mode, the RTS is on when the battery is
charged and off when the battery is low.

Any suggestions?

-Tara