[Nut-upsdev] Best Ferrups reporting uptime in minutes, not seconds

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Jun 17 15:26:19 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> said:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> > Once upon a time, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> said:
> >> As for the patch, did you verify the 46 minutes versus seconds with
> >> another program?
> >
> > I shut down nut and fired up minicom, and the UPS gave uptime as "46m".
> > Also, I had someone check the front panel (it is in another city), and
> > it said "46m" there as well.
>
> Ah, OK - I didn't realize it says "46m" instead of just a plain "46".
> Is there a chance that some peoples' UPSes are returning runtimes that
> look like "1234s"?

The screen I looked at is not the same as where nut is pulling the
information.  I'm looking at a general text status screen (which would
be essentially unparseable), but nut issues one command that gives an 80
character wide string of numbers; 4 numbers represent the remaining
runtime.  I checked, and I see "46m" in the status screen and "0046" in
the number string that nut uses.

I think the number string that nut is using is documented in the Best
manuals; I'll have to find one though to verify.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>