[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: DeviceKit-power patches

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Jun 25 21:14:41 UTC 2008

Hi Arnaud,

Den Tuesday 24 June 2008 16.01.10 skrev Arnaud Quette:
> I forgot to cc you guys on the future evolution of the HAL support
> (it's replacement in fact, called DeviceKit)
> A mailing list dedicated to DeviceKit is under creation.
> If some of you are interested in, just answer back.
>
> -- Arnaud

Gentoo just released the new ebuilds for nut. I had to test and check it out.
Normaly I use my own ebuils that build from trunk.

Had to make a buils with hal enabled for testing. Some glitches on the Gentoo
side, but I noticed that the hal-0.5.11 i'm using is not compatible with the
ups-nut-device.fdi in nut-2.2.2. (or tunk)

We match key="info.bus" and now it is "info.subsystem".
Changing that it worked.

DeviceKit sound's fun. Keep me posted ( as they say :-) ).

Regards
Kjell