[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: DeviceKit-power patches

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:43:58 UTC 2008

reassign 471828 nut-hal-drivers
thanks

Hi Kjell,

2008/6/25 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> Den Tuesday 24 June 2008 16.01.10 skrev Arnaud Quette:
>> I forgot to cc you guys on the future evolution of the HAL support
>> (it's replacement in fact, called DeviceKit)
>> A mailing list dedicated to DeviceKit is under creation.
>> If some of you are interested in, just answer back.
>>
>> -- Arnaud
>
> Gentoo just released the new ebuilds for nut. I had to test and check it out.
> Normaly I use my own ebuils that build from trunk.
>
> Had to make a buils with hal enabled for testing. Some glitches on the Gentoo
> side, but I noticed that the hal-0.5.11 i'm using is not compatible with the
> ups-nut-device.fdi in nut-2.2.2. (or tunk)
>
> We match key="info.bus" and now it is "info.subsystem".
> Changing that it worked.

hey, cool.
I think you've found the solution to a bug I have in Debian. thanks ;-)

@Jean-Luc: please try changing the entry matching your unit in the
.fdi file and try again.
if the fix is confirmed, I'll make a patch for 2.2.2-3 and will do the
necessary upstream.

> DeviceKit sound's fun. Keep me posted ( as they say :-) ).

yup, I'm still waiting for the list to be opened.

thanks again Kjell!
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com