[Nut-upsdev] tripplite smart2000rmxl2u product id 3014

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:13:39 UTC 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Ken Teh wrote:

> First, apologies if this is the wrong mailing list to pose this
> question.  That said, my question:
>
> This is my first time using nut.  Just built nut-2.2.2.  The
> tripplite driver does not support my version of the smart2200 which
> has a product id of 3014.  Does anyone know about this ups?  There
> is a 3012.  I'm tempted to simply add the 3014 to tripplite-hid.c
> to see if it will "just work".  Is it safe to do?

We generally recommend that you do not test things on a production
system, especially if you are the first to do so.

Also, did you get a "possibly supported" message? You can add "-x
productid=3014" to the command line, and the driver should work.

> Would it be useful for you who are developing this driver?

Certainly - this product ID would be useful to add to the
compatibility list, especially once we figure out what differences
there are between that model and the others that we have seen.

You may be interested in the SVN "trunk" version of the driver - this
is slightly more recent than the 2.2.2 release, and it is easier to
make patches against that. Let us know if you're looking for help on
checking that out. We also have SVN snapshots available through our
Buildbot installation: http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/

>   Any sort of special commands you care to pass on, eg., to dump
> out information about this version of the smart2200  that might be
> of use to you?  I noticed that all the code does with 3012 is to
> set the battery scale to 1 which I'm guessing is some scaling
> factor to calibrate the battery.

Most of the information should be available from 'upsc', once you
start the driver with the aforementioned option, and then start upsd.

If you run into issues (e.g. basic information is missing, or if you
want support for a specific variable that isn't in the upsc output),
there are other diagnostics that we can run.

thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail