[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:34:56 UTC 2008

I missed the CC:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca <luizluca at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/10/8
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsdev] UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values
To: Carlos Rodrigues <cefrodrigues at gmail.com>

Hello Carlos,

This information I got from Lacerda that assembles this UPS:

"2.27V is the voltage when the battery is being recharged. This is constant
until AC goes off.
In one or two minutes" (while capacitors/some other thing are unloading?) ",
it drops to 2.05V and keeps this way
stable for some time until it starts to drop slowly." I didn't used it until
battery is low but, according to Lacerda,
the UPS shuts down automatically at 1.75V.

However, as the nominal battery is 240V, NUT battery graphic is not very
useful. I uses an scale up to 240V and
2.27V (AC on) or 2.0xV (AC off) is not visible. If I divide the nominal
voltage (hack) by 120, NUT avoids to generate a graphic.
The only situation that looks better was when I multiplied 2.xx by 120. I
also tested dividing nominal voltage by 20 and multipling battery voltage by
6 to get 12V but I think this is worse as it's not equal to neither values
(and needs two modifications).

Which solution is the best? Hack the graphics, the nominal voltage or the
voltage measure? There is an LCD in front of the UPS that shows some
information and it does the "120 times" trick with the battery voltage.

Thanks,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca

--
     Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
           luizluca at gmail.com
             ICQ: 19290419