[Nut-upsdev] UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:15:14 UTC 2008

I finally managed to have sometime to find out why NUT wasn't compiling...
autoreconf and not autoconf!

Carlos, the patch fixed the problem and compiled flawless.

I would sugest these values for batvolts

{ 240, 1.75*120, 2.33*120, 1.75*120, 2.09*120,  0.0 },   /* Lacerda Titan
Black */

I don't know where should the batvoltsmult would fit here. If it is intend
to work without parameters,
this table should have another collumn for batvoltsmult. If not, the value
present here migth be multiplied
by the config parameter (batvoltsmult) before being used.

Anyway, I'm defining them in config file.

[ups1]
  driver = megatec
  port = /dev/ttyUSB0
  model = "Titan Black tri-mono 10KVA"
  serial = A07k21124
  desc = "UPS1 10 KVA Lacerda (220v)"
  mfr = "Lacerda Sistemas de Energia"
  battvoltmult = 120
  battvolts=1.75:2.09
[ups2]
  driver = megatec
  port = /dev/ttyS0
  model = "Titan Black tri-mono 10KVA"
  serial = A08823221
  desc = "UPS2 10 KVA Lacerda (220v)"
  mfr = "Lacerda Sistemas de Energia"
  battvoltmult = 120
  battvolts=0.00:2.09

BTW, the second UPS I have has a problem with NUT. It ignores the chars sent
to serial port if the time between char is greater than 60000 useconds. To
fix this, I reduced

#define SEND_PACE    100000  /* interval between chars on send (usec) */

to 10000

Maybe this could be turned into a new parameter.

Thanks,

--
     Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
           luizluca at gmail.com