[Nut-upsdev] Powercom Imperial/Black Knight USB support for NUT

Sergiy Yegorov prapor at unixzone.org.ua
Thu Oct 23 19:47:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> That's something that's hardly surprising, although the fact that the
> cypress_m8 is working is. Just recently someone reported problems with
> the serial to USB kernel driver. Weird.
Maybe, I`m horrible enought to scare this module and get it works :)

Previously it was used driver pcm_usb writen by Kiril Burdin (author of
original driver patch). You can find it in attachment. But with cypress_m8 it
works better.
> As written before, I would prefer it if the patch would be changed to use
>
>     type = "KIN-USB".
>
> You never know if we might need to make a difference somehow.
I`m a sysadmin. I`m often have to use strange spikes to get software
works. You are developers - you have to take care about it, and make
it works allways.
I`m recived for testing new version of this driver from Alexey Sidorov,
where types named "IMP", "BNT", etc. And for me it is no difference - I
just need realy working driver.

--
With best regards
Sergey Yegorov