[Nut-upsdev] tripplite smart2000rmxl2u product id 3014

Ken Teh teh at anl.gov
Mon Sep 29 20:30:28 UTC 2008

First, apologies if this is the wrong mailing list to pose this question.  That said, my question:

This is my first time using nut.  Just built nut-2.2.2.  The tripplite driver does not support my version of the smart2200 which has a product id of 3014.  Does anyone know about this ups?  There is a 3012.  I'm tempted to simply add the 3014 to tripplite-hid.c to see if it will "just work".  Is it safe to do?  Would it be useful for you who are developing this driver?  Any sort of special commands you care to pass on, eg., to dump out information about this version of the smart2200  that might be of use to you?  I noticed that all the code does with 3012 is to set the battery scale to 1 which I'm guessing is some scaling factor to calibrate the battery.

Thanks! Ken