[Nut-upsdev] Integra Tech (ePlus) support

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Dec 6 21:00:59 UTC 2009

Citeren Chema <chemacg at gmail.com>:

> Hi, i recently bought an UPS from Integra Tech
> (http://www.integra-ups.com/eu/es/main.htm), the ePlus 450-850va model
> (http://www.integra-ups.com/eu/es/eplus1.htm), sorry i didn't find it in
> english, and i'd like to know if there will be support on this brand and
> model.

[...]

> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> ]et_data_phoenix: got so far [Q1
> get_data_phoenix: (8 bytes) => 51 31 0d 00 00 00 00 00
> ]et_data_phoenix: got so far [Q1

Well, the good thing is, this device seems to be using a USB to serial
converter and we seem to be able to talk to it. The bad news is, it is
echoing back the command we throw at it. Usually, this is an
indication that it doesn't understand the command.

So the communication seems to be fine, it is just that it is using an
unsupported protocol. You could try with the newer blazer_usb driver,
that supports a couple of variations of the Megatec protocol.

> P.S: i sent a mail to Integra Tech but they didn't respond.

We need to know at least the protocol it uses.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list