[Nut-upsdev] Path for .fdi files (was: Re: [nut-commits] buildbot failure in FreeBSD-i686)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 23:03:46 UTC 2009

On Dec 24, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>
>> It seems that m4/nut_check_libhal.m4 fails to detect the proper
>> path where to install the .fdi files. I have no idea where these
>> files live on FreeBSD, so could you please find out what to do
>> here? Do these exist at all?

It's just /usr/local/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty (/usr/
local vs. /usr). I added that to the directory test (r2196).

Should we be checking ${datarootdir} in the 'test' line?

> Should we have a --with-hal-fdi-path option so that we are not
> hardcoding a guess if the Debian/RedHat tests fall through?

This question still stands. My thought was that users wouldn't need to
specify it unless one of the existing tests falls through, but if the
user *has* enabled HAL, and we don't know where to put a file,
configure would bail unless the path was specified through one of the
--with arguments. Or we could disable HAL support and keep going, if
configure scripts should just charge ahead in the face of partial
configuration information.