[Nut-upsdev] Finding libusb on FreeBSD 8.0

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Dec 25 01:08:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Well, the only thing we could do, is fallback to these defaults if
> the   detection via 'libusb-config' fails to detect the libusb
> presence. But I really feel that this is a regression in FreeBSD and
> that not including libusb-config is really hurting. I fail to
> understand why the FreeBSD maintainers choose this is easier to fix
> in all packages that use libusb, than to just include a
> 'libusb-config' that simply returns these values.

It could probably be added, it does seem a bit silly that the library is
there but the standard way of detecting it isn't..

I sent a message to freebsd-usb@ about it, I'll let you know what
arises.

If you put the attached script in /usr/bin and chmod 555 it, it should
work.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum