[Nut-upsdev] Path for .fdi files (was: Re: [nut-commits] buildbot failure in FreeBSD-i686)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:18:48 UTC 2009

Daniel,

I was wondering if you could take a look at the following issue that
we're having on FreeBSD. As a bit of background, I don't think we had
ever really tried to make the HAL support compile with Buildbot when
the buildslave was running FreeBSD 6.4. We initially thought this was
related to not detecting a path correctly, but now it seems that the
error is happening even before that.

We are invoking 'make', which according to the path, should be /usr/
bin/make. (GNU make is /usr/local/bin/gmake, but I don't think that
should be in the picture.)

The error seems to happen on line 8 of scripts/hal/Makefile.am:

   http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/trunk/scripts/hal/Makefile.am?rev=1778

Basically, $@ (the target) is being expanded properly, but $< is empty.

The log is here:

   http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/FreeBSD-i686/builds/38/step-compile/0