[Nut-upsdev] Powercom BNT-1000CS

Evan Micheal Goers megatog615 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:11:43 UTC 2009

Hello. I have recently purchased a Powercom BNT-1000CS(Black Knight CS).
I am new to NUT(and am not a programmer), but I have noticed that this
model does not work with NUT. I am willing to provide details about this
UPS for anyone who would like to add support for it(i dont know how to
get much info though, so you'll have to tell me how). For starters, this
is what happens when I do upsdrvctl start:

$ sudo upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Network UPS Tools - PowerCom protocol UPS driver 0.12 (2.4.1)
data receiving error (0 instead of 11 bytes)

The UPS is hooked to a serial port(on ttyS0), and I am running
Debian(mix of testing/unstable/experimental) on AMD64.

Is there a log file somewhere where I can read more info about why the
UPS is failing?