[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1875 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . docs docs/icons

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:19:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Arnaud Quette<aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/28 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Jul 28, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>>> some testing around the NUT Packager Guide to validate the general
>>> approach of the new documentation.
>>> The shell script is there to track the command line used to generate the
>>> HTML output, and the generated HTML file to show the result.
>>
>> Hi Arnaud,
>>
>> would it be OK for me to merge the contents of the shell script into
>> docs/Makefile.am?
>>
>> I plan to make the extra Buildbot step copy the generated documentation to
>> someplace web-accessible.
>
> though this is the aim (very) soon, ATM I prefer to keep the simple shell
> script for testing quickly and avoiding to call automake.

OK. I will try to merge that into the automake rules, in order to
reduce the number of times I need to reconfigure the Buildbot scripts.

> btw, for the User and Developer Guides (not applicable to the Packager one),
> I'm thinking about using the combined document approach (eg having a
> developer.txt that simply includes 1 file per chapters). the drawback of
> this is that we can have a header in this file. but we can have this header
> as a comment and put all authors in the main file. I've not validated this,
> but we might have to use the .xml file to declare multiple authors...
> comments and thought on your side?

I admit that I do not know much about asciidoc itself - I spent about
a half hour trying to get it to generate a hyperlink for a plain URL
(using the command line in docs/Makefile.am) before I gave up and
focused on the Buildbot side.

If we need to, we can paste in an Authors file before running asciidoc.

--
- Charles Lepple