[Nut-upsdev] driver for IVT SCD solar controller ?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Jul 30 06:49:34 UTC 2009

Citeren Rainer Fuegenstein <rfu op kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at>:

> I tested it (in 1887) without the cr/lf and in 1888 with cr/lf, but I
> always get the following:
>
> [rfu op helios drivers]$ ./ivtscd -DDD -a ivtscd
> Network UPS Tools - IVT Solar Controller driver 0.01 (2.4.1-1888)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
>    0.000000     debug level is '3'
>    0.001845     send: F
>    0.364839     read:
>    0.364937     IVT Solar Controller not detected

Although we're not getting the reply we expected, at least we're
getting something (otherwise you would see an error or timeout
message), so this isn't too bad. Most likely the controller is
(unexpectedly) sending out empty lines before the reply. Please try
the latest version from the SVN trunk, that is supposed to skip over
replies that are shorter than 10 bytes. When running in debug level 4
(-DDDD), it will also show whatever we got in the reply.

> I checked the baud rate with stty and it is set to 1200, so this shouldn't
> be the problem.

Since we're getting *something*, the connection seems to be fine.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list