[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1837 - trunk/clients

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:51:40 UTC 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 11:23 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> I think I would really prefer that upslog didn't keep the log file
> open,
> that way it doesn't matter if the log file is rotated.

I'm starting to come around to this idea. For some reason, I thought
the upslog program went into the background for a log file other than
stdout, which would complicate error reporting, but that isn't the
case. I also can't envision a case where the data logging rate would
make the extra open/close matter.

We might want to keep the PID file around for stopping upslog
programmatically.