[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1837 - trunk/clients

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu May 14 12:09:20 UTC 2009

Citeren Daniel O'Connor <doconnor op gsoft.com.au>:

> Obviously I can't prove a negative, but I find it extremely unlikely it
> could possibly be an issue on ANY platform, embedded or otherwise.

Well, one thing is that it *will* cause existing installations to
break, where upslog is started as 'root' and the NUT user doesn't have
write permissions to the log file. Obviously, send upslog a SIGHUP in
such case would effectively kill it (because it can't reopen the log),
but I know of at least one distribution (SuSE) that had a default
setup exactly like that. We've seen people complain about this
behavior before, so in all likelihood, it is being used in the field.

Best regards, Arjen
Please keep list traffic on the list