[Nut-upsdev] porting nut to use nss for crypto (was: Re: /sbin/upsdrvctl unable to shutdown UPS due to (unmounted) shared library)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 1 07:07:09 UTC 2009

Citeren Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink op redhat.com>:

> We would like to use nss for cryptography instead of OpenSSL. Reason for this
> is mostly for FIPS 140 validation.
>
> See:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CryptoConsolidationEval
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CryptoConsolidationScorecard
>
> also OpenSuSE prefers to use the nss for cryptography for the same reason (
> http://en.opensuse.org/SharedCertStore )

The above makes lots of sense.

> Would it be possible to use nss instead of openssl?

Most likely, yes.

> #ifdef blocks would be enough. I can prepare patches. What's your opinion?

I would certainly welcome an effort to standardize here, so please
provide patches if you have any available. Preferably for the SVN
trunk version, but if you only have them for older versions, I could
probably port them to the latest version.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list