[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Rainer Fuegenstein rfu at kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 11 12:40:11 UTC 2009

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Interesting to know. have you informed them that they would get support
> for mostly all OSs except windows (but they already support it)?
yes, of course I did, but didn't get a reply to this part of my email.
the guy I had contact with originally was on vacation, I'll contact him
again, maybe he is more responsive than his colleague.

> Now since you came with the first NUT supported SCD, I've made a src.rpm
> for you:
> http://opensource.mgeops.com/stable/sources/nut-2.4.1-8.1.src.rpm

big tnx. rpmbuild works with this one! the one that I used had so many
dependencies to other stuff like powerman etc. I managed to resolve most
of these dependencies, but gave up later.

there's a slight problem with the rpm %pre scripts when running rpm -i
on the solar server:

[root at helios tmp]# rpm -i nut-2.4.1-8.1.i386.rpm
nut-client-2.4.1-8.1.i386.rpm
usermod: invalid numeric argument 'dialout'
error: %pre(nut-client-2.4.1-8.1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 3
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nut-client-2.4.1-8.1
usermod: invalid numeric argument 'dialout'
error: %pre(nut-2.4.1-8.1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 3
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nut-2.4.1-8.1

I solved this by creating the group "dialout".

and finally, here it is:

[root at helios ups]# upsc ivtscd
battery.current: -1.9
battery.current.maximum: 2.2
battery.current.minimum: -2.4
battery.temperature: 16
battery.voltage: 12.10
battery.voltage.maximum: 14.02
battery.voltage.minimum: 11.84
device.mfr: IVT
device.model: Solar Controller Device
device.type: scd
driver.name: ivtscd
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.4.1
driver.version.internal: 0.02
ups.status: OB

the value of the current is off by about -1A, which also pulls the
voltage down by about 0,5V or so.

hope that helps initially; I'll now dig deeper into the nuts configuration.

thanks and cu