[Nut-upsdev] AsciiDoc merge

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 13:38:33 UTC 2010

I just did a test-merge of branches/AsciiDoc with the trunk, and apart
from a few files that were changing in both trees (most notably, the
auto-generation of the ChangeLog), it pretty much went as expected.

How much meta-data do we want to see in the merge commit? I did this
with git-svn, so if I do a naive commit back to the trunk, it will
basically replay every commit from branches/AsciiDoc into the trunk,
which is overkill IMHO (over 300 commits).

I can also squash it down into one commit, with all of the commit
messages merged. This is also a bit heavy, given that each git-svn
commit message also includes a SVN URL of sorts.

What I am leaning towards is a single commit with all of the branches/
AsciiDoc commit rev numbers listed. It should be easy to refer back to
the original commits in case I screwed something up.

Any preferences?

--
Charles Lepple