[Nut-upsdev] svn commit r2732

John Bayly freebsd.ports at tipstrade.net
Mon Dec 13 22:07:50 UTC 2010

On 13/12/10 19:31, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Not entirely. Previously, the init_communication() function would try
> to read "BELKIN", but it would settle for a valid reply format
> (discarding the contents) after 10 retries.
Badly described by me, should have said "unexpected contents".
>> With my UPS (Belkin F6C1400-EUR), the response to the Manufacturer
>> command returns only 6 spaces (rather than "BELKIN"), this means that
>> init_communications fails, and the driver fails with EXIT_FAILURE
>
> Fixed in r2735. The driver seems to ignore the contents of this
> anyway. The value for 'ups.mfr' is even hard coded, which is already
> an indication that the original author wasn't sure that we should
> trust the value returned by the UPS.
That was what threw me initially, I'd look at the response and see
nothing returned (I even modified the driver to output the hex value of
every byte received, mental note: check source first!), and still
ups.mfr would be set. To get r2732 working, I had added a check for 6
spaces as well as for "BELKIN" instead of simply dropping it like you've
done.

> Best regards, Arjen
Thanks for updating

John