[Nut-upsdev] windows_port NUT branch

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:06:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:00:49AM +0100, Frédéric Bohé wrote:
> In fact it seems that we do not need winevent.dll at all. I thought an
> external DLL was mandatory for event log resources, but setting up
> nut.exe linked against winevent.o as the EventMessageFile in the
> registry base is working. So I have removed winevent.dll.

Nice :)

Unfortunately, a clean build still doesn't work quite right because
winevent.h is a generated header and is required by
wininit.c. Automake records header dependencies as a side-effect of a
compilation but in this case first compilation fails.

Adding either
wininit.$(OBJEXT): winevent.h
or
BUILT_SOURCES = winevent.h

helps here (i personally prefer the first variant).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com